OUR VISION & VALUES
At Somerville Secondary College we aim to achieve our vision by:
- Providing an inclusive, encouraging, caring, safe and secure learning environment
- Developing responsible behaviours through clear expectations and high levels of consistency and accountability
- Providing an engaging and appropriately challenging learning environment with high expectations for learners within a culture of continuous improvement
- Providing high quality co-curricular, sport, personal development and leadership programs
- Actively promoting the development of positive and supportive relationships within the learning community
Our college operates on shared values: Integrity, Respect and Responsibility. These values form the basis of all interactions between staff, students, parents and the broader community as we work together to support students in their learning to achieve at a high level their desired pathways.
- Integrity – acting in accordance with principles of moral and ethical conduct, ensuring consistency between words and actions
- Respect – treating others with consideration and regard
- Responsibility – accepting personal accountability for behaviours, actions and consequences, including the constructive resolution of differences.
“Together we use our voice to challenge and grow a confident community.”
which is proudly displayed at the front of the school. Somerville Secondary College’s core values are integrity, respect and responsibility and these underpin all interactions, expectations, practices and processes within the college. Our purpose is to develop our students academically, morally and ethically to become positive contributors to the local and wider community.